Friday, December 26, 2014

Inle Lake

Good morning! happy Christmas everyone! :) I just woke up, brrr seems also in Inle Lake its cold in the mornings! Its quite early as I want to go with the bike around the lake and also do a boat trip.. but I guess I will have to wait a bit. I had a nice breakfast and lots of coffee :) I will change hotels to the original one and then take off :)

ha! I now remember that the Pa-long tribe lives mainly from chili, I saw so much chili in the last days.

.... I took a bike and there I went in the mist of the morning.....

and it was a fantastic day! :) Yuppy! I love this country! I had a very nice bike ride all around the lake and among two cute villages. There is really a lot going on around the lake! Kids playing, monks, woman an men working the land, lots of kids and men riding buffaloes  full of fishermen with their beautiful technique, families making tofu and rice crackers :) ((nice but a bit too oily...))... juts a strong ''vive'' here!




On the way, I've been to probably the most local market of all! Here every day there is a market in a different village! It was crowded of buses and horse carts with locals coming to do the shopping. It was dirty and smelly but that's the way it is here! so enjoy it!

After passing the market and a village I took a boat to the other side of the lake and the 30 mins trip was stunning :) across tomato plantations, the floating plants and other boats. Arriving to the new village with an amazing long, long bridge was just beautiful!  






I biked around a monastery and then took a very long road along some wheat fields to arrive to a winery :) and then it felt like being back home in Lutry :) as with everything else, this was very nice... and here it was clearly full of people, specially french, what else?! I stayed there for a while and continue biking back to the village.




Once there, it was  time for a break so I stopped at a very small place where I had the best papaya juice of the trip :) and then I went down to the port to find a boat. I was very determined to go on a boat trip and see sunset and after some negotiation with a few of the guys there, I made it and I got a full boat for myself! :) we went around, really cool... love this feeling of freedom when the boat goes ''fast'' and you get the air in your face! I was just shouting alone, it felt really good! 

The sunset was truly magic again, in the middle of the lake, surrounded by floating plans and fishermen doing their thing, there were no other boat with tourist so I felt very special. I asked the guy driving the boat to stop in a nice place and we stayed there until the sun was down.... the different colors in the sky and the water, the fishermen going back home after a day of work, kids saying hi! from the boats, the birds starting to fly around as the sun was down and the sky turned purple and pink.... wow! it's good to experience this! 







Absolutely love this place and for sure an area to stay much longer! There are so many nice things to do.

But now, its time to move to the south :) where hikes, pagodas and views of the sea, river and a colonial city are waiting to be explored :)

No comments:

Post a Comment