Monday, December 22, 2014

Kalaw to Inle - 3 days/2 nights: DAY #1

And I'm sitting outside a little house from a village in the middle of the mountains in the hike between Kalaw and Inle Lake. How Amazing!!!!! 

I walked with my guide across tea plantations, pine trees, rice plantations, garlic flower (cauliflower) plantations, saw cows, chickens, buffalos, sesame. The landscape changed all the time. Ah! full of orange trees!




The Pa Laung tribe/people are the ''wealthier'' ones as they live from the trade of tea (5 crops a year) and orange (1 crop a year). We've also passed a few Danu villages and made it to a school. This is a simple bamboo building with 3 boards where the teacher divides the class in different grades in the same place! I admire her!



Lunch was delicious at the viewpoint with just ripped avocado, pumpkin, chapati and bean soup! yummy! :)

Going back to the Danu village, it was very interesting to see them. They are less wealthy than the Pa Laung as they live from trading garlic and some kind of plant from which curry paste is made. These people were much more friendly and smily! We rested at the house of an old man. He was very sweet, with a simple house and was very proud of a goat horn he used as decoration. The living room was full of white rice bags and to contrast with the simplicity he showed me his TV and said they have their own supply of electricity some time during the day!


The hike went on down to the train rails and a wonderful tunnel! It was so much fun to go through it :) shouting and playing with the echo like a kid :) The stop in the train station was nice and relaxing and I discovered the ''regular tea'' which is quite a strong tea with condensed milk on the bottom. Super good!! so much that I took 2 of them and begged my guide to get me another one tomorrow! :) 




It was sad to see that along the train rails it was full of rubbish, lots of carton and plastic... people don't know that they are destroying their beautiful place, they need to be educated on this...

And now in this little house, where they are all so friendly! I have the full top floor for myself. They prepared a simple bed with looots of covers, yes! No frio tonight! :) They have a mirror, they put a little table, some colorful clothing, a radio and posters of a Myanmar band the woman who lives here likes. From the balcony I can see beautiful rice fields while the sunset reflects on them! Soon I will have a wonderful dinner cooked by my guide who keeps showing me the veggies to se if  I like them and I love them all :)




In the meantime I played football with the grand child of the old woman of the house! It was great fun, I clearly lost the ball most of time, which made him very happy and made me run a bit more! :) 

Mmm delicious dinner: rice from the garden, cauliflowers, lady finger (a new veggies), another new veggies I don't remember the name and mixed veggies. Soup with ginger.... my veggies paradise. I am really getting my favorite food here! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment