Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pindaya

I arrived by plane from Bagan to Heho and from there took a taxi to go to Pindaya... I immediately knew that I would love this place, just love at first sight! jajaja beautiful hills and nature! Funny note, the toll here is a small house with a barrier they lift by hand, what else?!



Wow! if Myanmar feels like 10 years ago, then this place feels like 30 years ago...

I am alone in this little village of 5,000 people, walking around and finding a very, very different lifestyle from what we are used to. Here people wash themselves at the lake, followed by washing all their family clothing and making a nice and colorful decoration by putting them over the plans and bushes around to dry them. It's easy to find people collecting water from the cisterns... it's incredible! They go by bike and collect a few barrels of ''clean'' water.



While watching the sunset over the lake a guy was cleaning his bike to be surprised by a man conducing a group of cows to the other end of the walking street.


Lots of kids around, lots of people around, some doing nothing, just being there...

I crossed a beautiful and happy girl who was making little pancakes... and it is fascinating to see lots of kids playing with kites :), yes! no I-phones, here kites still exist and kids seem to enjoyed them very much, lovely :)


What was a surprise is that here not only the bike and motorbike are the main means of transport, it's full of people using horse and carts.

The coffee house concept it's also very popular, but forget what we know, its not a Starbucks! its better :) just little places, with small tables and plastic chairs. I tried to sit in one but I guess they guys got scared of me... how come?!?!


And in Pindaya, once you walk up many stairs, of course always barefoot, I arrived to discover the most incredible cave I've veer seen in my life! Wow! I was not expecting what my eyes saw: just many, many, more than 8,000 golden Buddhas. I was truly wowed. So many, so shiny, so many meanings! There was also a meditation cave... just very special... walking around it, to and from it was uplifting... except when I encounter the scary dog and I decided to turn back and do another route, jajajaj




So special Pindaya, cold in the mornings and night (let's not forget that its winter here!), hot during the day and with such a different living style... I feel happy! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment