Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mawlamyine

And I made it to Mawlamyine and it's a rare place... I don't get the '' Colonial walk'' as it's described in the book... I walked all of it! The morning around the market was extremely busy, it seems all the shops are wholesalers type of shops as we are very close to the port, so a lot pass though here. Noise and movement everywhere and the people, adults and kids are not as friendly as in the other parts of the country... let's see then how they are in Yangon...



 I went up the Pagoda and the views are really beautiful! The river, the mountains on the back, palm trees around. I went to a second Pagoda and was even more beautiful than the firts one, full of tiny mirrors everywhere, but as many other sites, it was under renovation.




Today is a bit the opposite from the great day and constant excitement from yesterday, still nice, but different.

I decided to take the night VIP bus to Yangon as there is no point to waist 7h s of the day tomorrow in a bus. I will now enjoy my Papaya juice and go for a 2 hs boat tour around the river and sunset. Cheers! :)

ha! for some reason I need to check why here and in Hpa-An it's full of Indians and I've seen a few Hindu temples. It surprises me as here we are almost touching Thailand and really on the other side of India...


After the juice, I kept walking around the river and went back to check at the hotel and take a bit of rest, its really, really hot! Seems thats why the ''city'' is a bit dead. But I canot get still, so I took my book and went to look for a place to eat. I ended in Grandfather and Grandmother, a place where the part of the money goes to places to take care of old people :) I took veggies, what else?!?! and some refreshing lime juice :) loved it!

Somehow a bit after this I started feeling not so great, but I kept going :) I was determined to do the boat ride... I had a big boat all for me as clearly there was no one! jajaj just fun, every time I go on a boat or a motorbike I get this good feeling :) Open my harms and shout, life is good! :) so happy.. despite not feeling so well I did enjoy the ride, the kids saying hi from the different islands, the changes in color in the sky, the reflection in the many pagodas in land, the water, the birds, the fishermen :)




Back on land... I had to hurry up to go back to the hotel, jajaj I passed by a group of men playing some sort of football, forgot the name, very popular here :)


and yes... well... either the papaya juice or the lime one were not a good idea... they got me a wonderful food poisoning with 38,5 degrees of fever and all the rest that goes with it. I felt I was losing myself, agrrr horrible! I had to cancel the night bus, wow! I really had no energy to even pick up the phone to ask for toilet paper and water.. well I managed at the end and with lots of effort! jajaj so.... time to sleep, really sleep....


No comments:

Post a Comment