Friday, December 19, 2014

Bagan

It was time to go to Bagan and take my first plane ride in Myanmar.. I have to say, I was scared... I even made my father check all airlines before I booked! The best ones are Air Bagan and KBZ and I flew with them :) all super good! :)

Bagan was magical! I decided to have a guide on my first day as I wanted to learn a bit more about the place so we took normal bikes, we are young and energetic people, and went off to discover the area!

Riding a bike between more than 3,000 temples it's unique. All the Pagodas are different and have their own beautiful stories. I felt I was in a dream, it's just surreal to experience these place! Climbing a Pagoda for sunset brings you to witness the beauty of the temples and nature from a bit higher, you suddenly are in a very special place, where all is peaceful and beautiful, nature it's just amazing!






During the first sunrise at the top of a pagoda I met a very special boy, he was 11 years old and he spoke the best English of anyone else I've interacted with! Even if he wanted to sell me some postcards and I didn't want them, I gave him a pink pen, we played together, coloured some of his black and white postcards and talked about his family and life...it was beautiful and I will never forget him! :)



The day after I woke up very early to see the sunrise.... and it was not any sunrise... it was a sunrise from a balloon! :) and probably one of the most beautiful ones of my life! Everything was incredible and worth the super crazy expensive cost! Lifting yourself in a balloon is the ''lightest'' and most peaceful experience ever, seeing the sun come up and the stunning temples below and around you it's a sensation hard to describe, hard to believe its real. At this point I also realised I was in the middle of nowhere! It's a dessert all around... there are some trees, a river and a crazy number of pagodas... we are very small, a tiny dot in this universe! the flight was amazing and we had quiet an adventure on the landing.... bumpy, almost fall to one side, but really, really fun! :) and then we were greeted with a champagne breakfast... yep, I just took loots of papaya and tea ;) I cannot get drunk so early! jajajaj



And this second day I decided to once more get a bike and explore :) I started by going to the local market. I love to see veggies :) and how the people do their normal shopping. And then I went like an explorer among these thousand temples :) loooooved it! and of course I got so lost, which was part of the idea! but I made it for sunset and I decided to go to a small pagoda, not one of the touristic ones, I won't tell which one! If you go, you will get there...or to your own, or ask me and I tell you my secret! :) jajaja 

This pagoda was small and could go up to the top, we were not so many people, everyone is quiet and relax, really enjoying the views... just too special to do anything else. I went there an hour before sunset and seeing how colours change and simply being there, its huge! when the sun is almost down there are looooots of nice birds flying around, the sky turns pink, purple... and then... well, time to run... as I needed to get to the hotel before its pitch dark.. there is no electricity here and its a bit dangerous to be in a bike with no lights.. even if I have my head flashlight... jajaj not the safest!


And my third and last day.... I decided to go to Mt.Popa, a very sacred place... its this misty pagoda on top of a rock, where there are a lot of spiritual stories and funny monkeys :) I had a really fun ride with my taxi driver, his English was really poor but we understood each other! We stopped in a place where they were making oil in a very rustic way... a buffalo pressing the seeds... yep.. they also made palm tree whiskey or wine and some delicious sweets! and we kept going, it was I think almost two hours... so I decided I wanted to sing and started playing my music from the phone! The guy loved it!!!!! specially the latin music, and Limbo, one of the songs from Zumba! I was all happy, singing and dancing and the taxi driver couldn't get still and said, your country music, very happy! :)






And Mt.Popa was also lots of barefoot stairs, which I like so much! the place its very nice and the views special! with the funny monkeys around :)

On the way back we stopped in a market and I bough a new fruit... cannot remember the name but it was delicious!!!




And back in Bagan, I took a bike and went for my last sunset at the same place as yesterday... and once more, the experience was simple beautiful... I could stay there forever :) just happy!




This place has magic, everywhere! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment