Monday, December 29, 2014

Hpa-An.. simply beautiful!

Hpa-An is not the most beautiful place ever but the surroundings are! just AMAZING, beautiful, stunning, from another world!




What a surprise to find this stunning landscapes in Myanmar: rice fields that are greener than anywhere else, lime stone rocks, caves and beautiful people. Here is far less touristic than in any other place. The kids just run out of the houses to say good bye and two people helped us when we were confused on which way to go. They took their motorbikes and say '' just follow us'' with a big smile!

The caves were all beautiful but the best was one in which at the end there was a small opening in the middle of the other side of the mountain and the view from this ''window''  was really very special. It was like the time suddenly stopped! The sun going down, the rice fields next to the water, the mountains on the back, some birds around, all green, tropic, some butterflies around the plants... really '' Wow!'' One of those moments when you realised of the moment you're living, everything else stops! and I was, ok, I'm just out of the whole of a cave, looking at this amazing natural wonder! I'm so so happy! What else can I ask for! '' Live in the moment''. life is beautiful, nature is beautiful! I feel so grateful for this life and I treasure every moment, specially this one! :)








We continued exploring the amazing area, going to caves and stopping here and there to simply admire the beauty of the place. Unfortunately my camera's battery was empty so I couldn't make as many pictures as I would like, but they are all in my mind! :)



At the entrance of one of the caves I stopped to go to the toilet and group of kids started talking with me, they were on holidays, also visiting the caves! we had a small chat and the a lot of them join :) I just love every time I interact with these kids!



          
One the way to the ''Bat'' cave we stopped at a house where they were having a celebration with some musicians! Wow! so warm! I started dancing a bit sitting in the motorbike and they came out to tell us to join, they took us by the arm inside! We danced a few songs and other people joined. They were taking pictures and making movies, just a beautiful moment with sooooo much energy! They also invited us to eat but we had to go.

.. the people here are simple, have a great heart and will always receive you with a big smile! 

We continue to the ''Bat'' cave, went up to see a bit of the sunset..again, its like wow! this place it's just way too beautiful to exist! jajajaj dreamy place! 





and it was time to leave as Nat was taking the bus to go back to Yangon and then back home! On the way back all the kids and adults were again saying minglaba! or good bye!


It was a really beautiful day! Thanks Nat for driving me in the back of the motorbike! was soooo much fun! I love to ride a motorbike, the feeling of freedom is fantastic!



Now is time to sleep, wake up clock at 6AM for a bus ride to Mawlamyine.

1 comment:

  1. I had such a good time reading this article and remembering all these amazing moments in Hpan-An, and you know how to describe them. I especially remember the sounds of the bats in the cave that scared me even more, making me/us feel like real explorers with the final reward of these amazing landcapes coming out of "windows". I had exactly the same feeling "We are living now" when we were there, i will never forget that, neither the smiles i still hold in my heart. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete