Thursday, December 25, 2014

Kalaw to Inle - 3 days/2 nights: DAY #3

And the 3rd and last day was amazing! The views were much nicer, specially when we crossed a little ''jungle'' and I almost fall a few times, loved it! :)

After waking up at 6:15 with breakfast in bed, it was super cold (4 degrees) and misty, we started the way down to Inle Lake! How stunning to see the clouds trapped between the mountains, the spider webs, the trees and plants full of the morning mist. There was even a rainbow :) its beautiful to see how nature changes with the first rays of sunlight!





Once down, we could start hearing music coming from a village, we were getting closer :) It's beautiful to arrive to the lake area. We took a boat to cross the lake for a bit more than an hour, some rest at last! The landscape changes completely again and now we have water everywhere! With water the lifestyle is different. Local fisherman use a special technique to fish, people collecting veggies and plants from the lake and a wonderful and bright sunshine!






I checked in in a different guesthouse as the one planned as my plan had to change and so I arrived one day earlier, but here is good! the pleasure of a hot shower and a toilet. I think I enjoyed this shower as if it was the first one of my life! I had a super easy day at Nyaungshwe which is the village close to the lake, walk around a bit, read, planed my last week in Myanmar and rested!

And tonight is Christmas Eve so I had dinner with Mathias, a British-Spanish and a German couple and I met Mariam who was in Inle with a friend. We went to a nice place where kids were singing Christmas chores and the whole atmosphere was super happy, warm and sweet :) I imagined that these kids practiced so hard to do such a performance. The full restaurant was clapping and singing with them, really lots of joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment