Thursday, May 21, 2015

Kinosaki Onsen

Wow, wow, wow! I'm in Kinosaki, which is ''The Capital'' for the Onsen and Ryokan experience and I just cannot believe it!
This is AMAZING! I arrived here after 2hs of another beautiful train ride among mountains and rice fields from Kyoto. The ride in itself was stunning! I enjoyed reading, drinking my latte and eating my rice with sesame seeds snack :)

Getting here I was welcomed at the train station by a happy woman who works for the city or village. She asked me where I was staying, handed me a map and show me the way. She even said I could chose for a bus ride. I opted to walk, of course! as I wanted to enjoy the place before immersing in my Ryokan and Onsen experience.

This is a very small town, but wow! full of charm! there is a little river that goes across the village, full of cherry trees all to is side with the beautiful red lanterns and men and woman doing paintings and sketches of the views.








Here and there I start to see people walking in the wooden shoes and wearing yukatas! it is also full of small shops where they sell fruit and veggies and lots of fish, yes the sea is just down here. Little cafes and restaurants also put a nice charm to the place.



After wandering for a while it was time to go! I arrived to my Ryokan.. wow again! the owner greets me and explains me about the seven public onsens and the private baths in there... the first step is to close my yukata... wow! so many colors they have!hard to chose! I went for a white, pink and green with flowers one :) 


After this a little tour of the place, the two private baths are incredible. One with an open garden and the other its a cave! 
The room its amazing, with view to an inner garden and little fountain :) 
I am then explained how to wear my yukata and left alone I decided to start by experiencing the private baths! incredible!! I had them all for me, so cool! I did both baths and then all dressed in the yukata decided to go out and try the public onsen before dinner. But the owner saw and and he said, lets make some pictures, jaja he came out with me and took like 10 pictures of me in the here and there, really sweet person, he made me feel really good!


Walking in the street in the yukata and feel good about it its incredible! Its like being in another planet, feel beautiful! 

The Onsen was great and I was the only western in there :) I did Jacuzzi, outdoor bath... I have to say being naked in front of such amazing nature felt great! then did  the 90 degrees sauna, the hammam and I ''shower'' ok! this is sitting down on a plastic bench, you pour water over yourself, wash with soap and then clean with a little shower. All very special. I just watched  the Japanese woman and copy them.

Wow! I stayed for a while, again, naked in front of the nature, stretching and feeling free was absolutely amazing! jajaja

Did a little walk back home and it was dinner time :)


The BEST dinner of my life! wow!!! I am eating so much.... its like a 20 meal course thing. Sashimi,, sushi, crab, veggies, fish, tofu, rice, tempura, fruit... well this time I go for it! All is done without all my food allergies things so I can eat it all :):) an every piece taste like heaven! I am still eating now the soup with veggies :) and more fish ha! and some of these japanese pickles I like... I am going to happily explode in any minute, jajaja





After dinner I will go for a walk and do another Onsen :)

Uff! ok, I just finished! wow! the best dinner of my life... I need to lay down, jajajajajajjaja!

Click, Clack, Click, Clack.... I'm out and its the sound of the wooden shoes of all of us with happy full tummies walking to the onsens! 

My first one of the night was super nice, small, with a very hot indoor bath ad this tiny wooden bath tube outside overlooking some rocks and garden, I had it all for me! So wonderful and free! then I decided to walk a bit more and tried another one. This one was full of Japanese! I realised for them it also seems to be quiet of a social activity. Its here where a lot of them talked to me. This morning it was a group of woman from Osaka who do sketches and then exhibit them and tonight just random people! love it!
This last onsen had a bigger rocks outdoor bath with a bigger garden. It was beautiful! soooo relaxing! Japanese know how to do this!

ha! I came back and the owner was there to say good night and remind me I will have my bfast at 6:30 AM in my room, then he will take me to the train station for my 7:!3 train heading to Koya-San :)

A few details.. Im experiencing the Japanese table while a write... low table with a hole below so you can sit low but still stretch your legs!

Now I am wearing a second sleeping yukata... so nice!

Ok, funny, when I go to the toilet the sit ''turns on'' alone and light comes so at night you don't need to turn on the light and wake up! smart!

Ok, time to sleep in the tatami! Tomorrow is a day I've been looking forward for a long time.. Koya-San. This is the most sacred mountain of Japan. I will be hiking 5hs out of the 7hs of the most sacred path to arrive to sleep in a Monastery!.... bye... sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment