Monday, May 11, 2015

Tokyo - Day 2

Good morning!! wake up, tired, yes, but there is no time to lose, especially today as it's time to go to the fish market... for guess what?! yes, Sushi breakfast! :):) I decided though to sleep a bit more and not do the special Tuna audition which is at like 4AM... I was there by 9AM when the wholesales market is still open, wow! huuuuge! very impressive! so many different types of fish, so many I've never seen before! and all perfectly clean and organised, there was even barely fish smell as all was in separated containers with ice to keep them fresh... yep, only in Japan! 








I walked around the different areas and after seeing so much fish I was starving! outside there were many different shops of sushi, of course! :) I started queuing in one and realise the one next door has no one.. I thought, mmm maybe there is something wrong? but my curiosity won and I took a peek, it was full inside and they had only one spot left.. so I happily took it :) I ordered a plate of sashimi of many different fish, the tuna was the best! where can I do this of have sashimi for bfast :) I was really happy! paradise! 





One thing I have to say I am not sure is how these fish are being fished and how sustainable all is..... mmmm I don;t know.. Japanese don't seem to concerned with this... they use too much plastic, etc... anyway.... for now I will drop it of my mind...

I wondered in the area to find some veggies and also places selling egg cakes and mochi sweets with strawberries and other beautiful decorations.



I walked to Giza which is the posh area in Japan with big malls and brands, all nice and shiny and people perfectly dressed! 



I had a fun experience in the mall going to  the toilet... for the first time this toilet started making some water noise... just way too funny! I started playing with this washlet... go out and was a huge queue.... they were probably thinking... stupid tourist has never seen a toilet! jajaja I had to laugh at myself! later I learnt that the noise is because they are so shy they feel ashamed of noise at the toilet so like this they can relax :) jajajaj


I walked around the nice area, then into the Marunouchi building and Tokyo Station which made me feel in Amsterdam!


After so much modernity it was time to go back in time and visit the other temple so I headed to Senso-ji. Wow! this was very touristic place...crowded! full of stands before reaching the temple, here the speciality were hello kitty toys and sweets of all types and forms... mochis, cookies, some balls.... only for the eyes for now! I was full of the fish, ajaj








The best of the walk to the temple was to meet these 3 girls wearing beautiful pink kimonos, I couldn't help it and ask  them to  take a picture with me :) so beautiful!


After the temple I went to the Sky Tower... well, at the end I never made it.... it was like Disneyland, a massive long queue of more than an hour and to be honest there is so much more to see that I'm not wasting so much time on a line :) 


I decided to go to Ueno where I found a beautiful big park full of old temples, so I spent a good time there and then crossed the street to go to this crazy place, neo light and full of people :) contrast once more.



For dinner I met Kaoru, Wendy's friend who gave me some tips before the trip. We went to Mongi Street for an amazing dinner: Monjyayaki. This is like a BBQ in front of you and was one of the best meals I had! veggies and fish all cooked in front of you, so yummy! 





We also had 3 drinks, my favorite I think was the plump wine! the other were with grapefruit and lemon! we had such a great conversation exchanging about life in Japan with my stories! Thanks Kaoru for all the good tips and teaching me a bit more about living in Japan and Japanese culture! and the nice presents :) so sweet!

Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment