Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Nara & Kanazawa & last morning in Kyoto

Good morning!! very, very early I woke up to go to Nara, which is a place full of temples and beautiful nature.. the speciality is that is full of Bambies.. dears.. and they are all free :)
This is the place with the highest number of temples after Kyoto... I was so happy to be so early, so I could enjoy the sites before the School tours :)

It is quite funny to arrive to a temple and be greeted by a beautiful dear....


The first place I visited is the famous Todai-Ji where one of the biggest bronze Buddhas in the world is hosted.. (not sure about that... jaja) anyway, the place it's really beautiful and the Buddha and all other images are truly stunning :)





I kept walking to a smaller temple, but more charming. This one had lots of lanterns, decorations and a corner to learn to do calligraphy.






After going down the stairs, I went into the nature part of Nara and came across two monks holding a ceremony outside a temple. I love to see all the wooden wished and grateful messages of people in these places... so much believe, its nice...






I was then surprised by the beautiful lanterns and red temples all over.. how many?! well, I lost count, too many! but what I found most beautiful was the nature around it! If there is green, I am happy! :) and this place was green and for moments I felt I was in this dreamy place, where all is nice, beautiful and full of peace :)







And as I started early, I saw really all the sites of Nara in the morning, and so decided to go to a new place.. Kanazawa, why not?! Ok, this is not something that people do in a day... this place was 2hs 30 away by train, but hey, I have the JR and want to use it to the max! So I rushed a bit and made the train heading north.... and yes... I fall asleep.. jajajaj


Once in Kanazawa it was freezing! jajajaj and I was with my shorts and t-shirt... and if you know me, you know I don't like cold... so ok, I got a warm tea and got over it!

There are two main sites to visit here, the first one is the super famous Kenroku-en garden... and yes, this is THE most beautiful garden in Japan, wow! even when it was cold and cloudy this was just so so so beautiful! The green is so green and the perfection of the trees, bushed, plants, lakes it is just unbelievable.. I was still in my dreamy place :)







I then walked to the other part of Kanazawa, the Nagamachi district where Samurai used to live... cool! I passed by the Samurai house and other little places.. so Japan!



But what really made my day was to meet some kids on the way back to the station! The kids are so much more communicative :) First two little boys, who were really interested in me walking there, we try to talk and they were just looking back every second, really sweet kids!


After I met two girls, a bit older. I waved at them and they moved on, then they came back and game me a ring of flowers as a present! we had a very basic chat and they went! Thanks you girls! you made me very happy with that simple gesture! really, they were super happy I took it and I was so happy to have the chance to talk with them :)



Time to go back!! walked to the station and fall asleep until Kyoto!


Good morning! Today its my last morning in Kyoto as I am heading to Kinosaki at 11, so once more, early wake up as I wanted to see the two missing temples! I checked out, shipped my luggage to Osaka and left with a back-pack for the coming days :) yes!

After I got ''confused'' as to which bus to take,  made it to one that was crowded f school kids! I guess it was not early enough anymore jajaj They were all dressed in their blue skirts/ pants and white shirts... of course going to the same temple!

I started with the Gold Temple. It was really a sea of students! jajaj it was fun to talk to a teacher who has lived in Mexico and now is teaching English to the kids. He gave them as an assignment to talk to some foreigners, so I helped out and was asking them the typical questions, picture and bye!

The temple is stunning! super gold, super shiny and the gardens as beautiful or more beautiful than the temple itself... it was all a bit rushed, as all place in Kyoto, so full!! 






I continued to the other temple, in the same area. This one was famous for a garden with some plain rocks. I have to say, the gardens were super beautiful, now the tock garden.. mmmmm.. not so sure about why so much fuzz about it..... jajajaj! I had fn here, trying to always get ahead of the big groups of students...




To reach the train station I walked through a very normal neighbourhood of Kyoto. Simple, orderly, perfect small houses! I got some of these cold coffee I love and hopped in the train to Kinosaki Onsen....












No comments:

Post a Comment