Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Miyajima & Hiroshima

Welcome to the sea! This day was out of the blue! I was a bit tired of temples and needed nature so I decided to visit this truly amazing island of Miyajima... Wowwww, what a happy day, please!!!!

The full island is a Unesco Heritage Site, its super small, but full of charm... first step was to get there with the Ferry... so beautiful to be in the sea, this already made me happy


And from there I could appreciate the famous floating Torii which does gives the place a particular atmosphere...



My main reason to come here was to hike up Mt. Misen... so there I went.. passing first through the market, with all sorts of food stores... the thing here, you guess... Fish! fish crackers, cakes and lots of oysters! :)





And yes, of course... students... jajjaj



I reached the start of the hike, which is where everyone goes and takes the ropeway... really people, you are missing out so much by doing so... anyway.. I was happy as I had the full trail for myself... and here, yes... I was in my beautiful dreamy place again... just so happy to be able to walk among these beautiful nature! It was very tropical and rough, I could see not so many people walk there... like really, really in a fairy tale.... all the trees, plants, the steps... just so so special... better to look at the pictures...















And after some walking up... I made it to the Top of Mt Misen... WOWWWWWW... beautiful view of the sea and all the other islands around! juts really, this makes me so so so truly happy! I rested at the top to contemplate the beauty for a while...







The way back was a bit less interesting until I reached probably the most beautiful temple of the whole trip, Daisho-in... really, if you go here, you should come to this place... there are many small temples here, beautiful buddhas status, a lantern places that left me with no words and the trees and plans are simple so special... I really couldn't believe how beautiful and peaceful this place was, such a reward after a long walk...











I really didn't want to leave this dreamy place... but ok.. time to move on.... once I reached the village I visited the temple and the tier was low so the Toorji was accessible by foot... there I realised how big this thing was! :) The red colors of the temple are striking!





And I got some oysters for lunch... yummy!!! and took a lemon drink :) really, soooo happy!




And on the way back I stopped in Hiroshima.... wow... this was very, very moving.. just to be there made me very emotional.... incredible all what happened and that this building is still there to remind humankind to stop any kind of wars.... I explore the place which today its a beautiful park and went to the museum.which really  made me crazy.... sad, sad and unfair... also helps to see how precious life is.....






And with this strange feeling  of the history and the amazing day I had in the nature I hopped on the train back to Kyoto....

No comments:

Post a Comment