Sunday, May 17, 2015

Kyoto

Good morning Tokyo! after a very nice night of sleep I woke up to discover the past of Japan, the history and all the magnificent temples I have heard people talk about!

My idea was to grab a bike and explore this way as Tokyo its very flat and very spread, but I didn't manage to find one.. no problem... I love walking! Grabbed a coffee and decided to explore the heart of the history of Kyoto in Higashiyama which is divided in North and South. Before this, I passed by the famous food market,Nishiki. This is open at night, but why not to take a look when they are setting it up and then come back later to see the mess ?!?! contrast :) jajaja


At the end of this loooong market I found a nice quite temple. I really enjoyed the morning sunlight and peace of only a few people awake... the best day to explore the city :)


On the way to my destination I passed by so many beautiful alleys... this feels really like in the movies, the little streets, with cute little shops and the so famous Japanese red lanterns everywhere :)






When I was almost there, I found this little temple that really caught my attention.. clearly not one of the famous ones, but to my eye it was probably even more beautiful... I loved how happy and colourful this one was. All done by the wishes and thanks of the people in the little colorful cotton circles... it felt like magic! :)




Yes and I made it to my first place... Kiyomizu-dera... this is like the highlight in Kyoto.. and it was not so early anymore and what happens a bit in Kyoto is that it becomes a bit of a ''Disneyland'' really packed with not only tourists but also tons of school trips. They take the kids from all over Japan to learn about their culture... I guess normal! :)


I have to say the temple is really stunning! the colours are so bright and deep that you cannot believe your eyes! In the other side of the temple there was a little Pagoda, so I walked over there, I already needed some green, jajaja and it was impressive to see the full temple from the other side :)






Going back to the little street to find the next place, I stopped in all the little shops that sell everything and anything! Hello Kitty stuff, hand fan and food, here the speciality seems to be the pickles and red bean paste sweets of different flavors... I had so much fun going into a shop and tasting pretty much all of them :) the winner, Black Sesame!:) pff so good!










It was so pretty to see all these ladies wearing Kimonos :) I think everyone can look stunnig on them! I stopped and even took a picture with one of them! Yes, some human connection!


 And to make it even better, I then start seeing Geishas... wow! I knew they existed and were around, but wow! its a bit bizarre.. they are all dressed like that at the sunlight. The make up its incredible.. I cannot imagine how many hours they have to take up in the morning, the kimonos are the most beautiful I have seen and the shoes are incredible.. probably harder to walk over that than over hills?! and of course I stopped them, had a little chat and a picture... In this moment I felt I was truly in Japan! this things don't happen every day! :)




And I was getting hungry, so looking for food a found a small and very simple place where a very smily and happy old lady was selling some balls with tofu inside! Perfect!, just what I needed! :) I stopped there and got one of these with green tea :) Did I say before that the green tea/Matcha comes from this region?! loving it! :)



More shops, all around, some rare characters and a small stop to get my cold matcha juice :)






And yes, finally I saw a machine with Haagen-Dazs.... jajaja when I worked for this beautiful brand I was told all Japanese eat HD all the time.. well, I have to say it was a bit of an exaggeration, but I was happy to find it in the machines! :) brought me great memories.



And I walk and walk and discover many temples... they are all simple but beautiful! I really liked one which at the top had a little place for praying... very, very peaceful, the way the lighting was falling between the trees was really giving a special touch. There were many cushions all around and a woman was praying. I think I stayed there for a couple of minutes... this place really gave me peace.





Up to another beautiful place... in this one, the temple was not really interesting but the gardens were stunning.... this is actually a lot what the temples are about, the beautiful real and authentic Japanese gardens :)





On the way back I decided to walk along a famous path with a little river, the Path of Philosophy... there were so many people doing paintings and sketches and lots of beautiful trees, plans and cute little decorations here and there.. like the teddy bears family which made me smile :)




I walked through the Nishiki market.. and wow! yes, now the party was on, jajaj! as they say, there are so many rare things, even stuff that Japanese people don't even know what it is! I had really a lot of fun walking around and observing these rare things! I have to say I only try few and at the end had Sushi for dinner :) 








And before arriving to the hotel I passed by Game Panic, jajajaj and yes, of course I went inside looking for the so cool and fun machines where you can take pictures and cutify yourself! hp la la, I do really like simple fun! jajajaj I think I stayed there a while doing the cute pics and really having lots of fun!




Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment