Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tokyo - Day 3

I woke up to a cloudy Tuesday! I started by a stroll in the park that is close to the hotel, super nice... all these perfect flowers, green trees, lakes, people talking here and there, pic nicks going on, children playing.. just so beautiful! 




I wanted to have a view of Tokyo, so I went to the ''expat area'' of Roppongi, to the Roppongi Hills which is a massive mall, from here I accessed the Tokyo City view. It was funny that there was a massive Star Wars exhibition... probably anyone except me would have gone crazy.. oups, haven't seen any of the movies, but I have to say, it was a well done exhibition! :) I may consider watching the new movie! :)

The view of Tokyo its amazing, huuuuge city! despite the clouds I could appreciate how big this crazy city is!


Then I went to the ''Eiffel Tower'' of Japan, just to take a look, really not planning to go in, but yes felt like visiting that area...not big thing really.... got lost in another park while looking for the subway and spotted a cute couple.... ok, made it, subway time to the highlight of the day which was to attend the National Sumo Tournament in Ryogoku.







I am so lucky, it just started yesterday!!!! I got tickets to go in just in time for some presentations of the most important and famous sumo players... wowwwww! the place was so nice and these guys are massive, like seriously massive! All has so many rituals, all the things they do before they ''fight'', the salt, the thing with the legs... It's all very peaceful from the way they fight to the way the people cheer for their favorites! it was quit an experience to be there, even without understanding much :)







After this traditional experience, back to contrast I took the metro and went out in Akihabara, another ''crazy land'' coool! Here is where everything can happen! Karaoke, maid restaurants and cafes, manga shops, toys you've never imagined, electronics, arcade game, neon lights and lots of fun people walking around. I had a lot of fun here just people watching, walking and going into these crazy places :)
















And time to go back.. got to the Shinjuku station and I got lost! like suuuper lost in the station, twice.... agrgrgrgrgr! I really had a frustration moment here, even with Google Maps, getting lost in the station! jajaj I think it took me an hour to find my way to the right exit.. I made it, and I was really tired so I got some salad and ate in my room and got ready to go to nature the day after :):) yes, I need nature even before the hike coming up, so I decide to go to Mt. Fuji :) haaaa while I was eating it was raining like crazy, seem there was a Typhoon passing by.. yes, I panicked like crazy but was all good :)

So Tokyo... its like 10 cities in one city, a place of contrast in itself, from the traditional temples and peaceful parks to the crazy people in Shinjuku, Akihabara and Shibuya! Full of japanese, what else, who are shy but then very extroverts to dress, living one life at work and one completely crazy and over the top after work, drinking and going karaoke till very late at night.... Perfectly clean! did I mentioned that there are no bins because people take the rubbish home?!  yes, only in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment